In today’s episode, we talk about how a Torah home is a home that reads. We interview Katie Hirn from HirnHomeschoolers.com about her purposefully small collection of books, plus we find out what the Torah says about protecting our families from lies that can enter our homes through media. Kraig shares tips for making beautiful but inexpensive bookshelves, Anne shares what books she’s reading this week, and we talk about how to teach young children to read.
We shared the following Scripture passages and helpful links:
- Deuteronomy 31:9-13
- Deuteronomy 17:14-20
- Deuteronomy 31:24
- Joshua 1:8
- Joshua 8:34-35
- Joshua 24:26
- Revelation 16:13-14
- Joshua 24:14-15
Special Guest Katie Hirn:
- Ancient Hebrew Lexicon of the Bible, by Jeff Benner (affiliate links)
- Israel’s Tribes Today, by Steven Collins
- The Chronological Gospels, by Michael A. Rood
- The Puzzle of Ancient Man, by Donald E. Chittick
- Battle for the Bible, by Harold Lindsell
- Learning in Spite of Labels, New Edition, Joyce Herzog (p. 78)
- How to Homeschool: A Practical Approach, by Gayle Graham
The following music clips were included in this week’s episode:
- “Thy Word,” by Amy Grant (Wow Gold, Disc 2)
- “Innocence,” by the 126ers, YouTube audio
- “How It Began,” by Silent Partner, YouTube audio
Join us December 26-29, 2019 at the Raising Up the Remnant Conference in Ozark, Missouri.
We hope this show was a blessing to you. You can post comments and ideas below, or visit us on our Facebook page.
P.S. We’ll let you know about Episode 13 when you subscribe to our email list!