In today’s episode, we talked about how a Torah home is a place of comfort. We’ll give practical ideas from Scripture for making home a comforting place, plus share spelling tips for homeschooling, ways to find a place for all your stuff around the house, and ideas for decluttering your desk — plus Anne’s mom makes her famous barley soup.
We shared the following Scripture passages and helpful links:
- Genesis 5:29
- 2 Corinthians 7:13
- Job 16:5
- Isaiah 66:13
- Job 21:35
- Psalm 119:50
- 2 Corinthians 13:11
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- Ephesians 6:21-22
- Colossians 4:7-8
Mom’s Barley Soup:
- 2 lbs. ground beef (or stew meat, chopped into bite-size pieces)
- 1 cup onion, chopped fine (or 2 tbsp. dried minced onion)
- 2 quarts beef stock (or hot water with 2 tbsp. bouillon cubes)
- 2-3 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 quart diced tomatoes, canned
- 3/4 cup barley
- 2 tbsp. sugar (or stevia)
- Simmer for at least 2 hours in a large pot. Enjoy!
The following music clips were included in this week’s episode:
- “You Are My Hiding Place,” by Selah (Hiding Place)
- “That Kid in Fourth Grade Who Really Liked the Denver Broncos,” by Chris Zabriskie, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license
- “Hear the Noise,” by John Daley and the 41 Players, YouTube audio
- “English Country Garden,” by Aaron Kenny, YouTube audio
We hope this show was a blessing to you. We would LOVE to hear your ideas for getting rid of clutter that you leave out because you’re afraid you’ll FORGET about it! You can post those below, or visit us on our Facebook page.
P.S. We’ll let you know about Episode 11 when you subscribe to our email list!